You can mark yourself as unavailable to work directly from WorkZone on your smartphone. This includes setting the unavailability to be a one-off instance or recurring.
To do this, once you have logged into WorkZone, you will need to tap on the Profile icon at the bottom of the home screen:
Then you can tap on the Unavailability option from this list:
Here you will see any previously entered unavailabilities. To add a new unavailability you will need to tap on the plus icon ( + ) in the top right hand corner:
You have the following options to select from when entering the unavailability:
- On an ongoing Basis: If your unavailability is ongoing, switch the toggle to yes. You will then need to select the day of the week as well as the start and end date of this unavailability. If there is no end date, leave this field blank. If there are multiple days of the week you are unavailable on a recurring basis, you will need to create a separate unavailability entry.
- Not on an ongoing basis: If your unavailability is a one-off, leave the toggle in its default setting and just enter the date the unavailability relates to.
- All Day: If this is all day, leave the toggle in it's default setting.
- Not all day: If this is not all day, switch the toggle from its default setting. You will then be given the option to enter a start and finish time.
- Reason: This is not a compulsory field however we recommend you enter a reason so your manager is made aware. It just avoids back and forth between you and manager.
Once you have entered all the information for the unavailability you will need to tap on Submit (Android) or Save (iOS) in the top right corner:
N.B. There may be scenarios where you are unable to save an unavailability because it falls within the threshold set by your employer. That is, your employer can set how many days before an employee must enter their unavailability. If this occurs, the following message will appear when you try to save the unavailability:
Editing an Unavailability
To edit an existing unavailability, tap on the relevant entry and adjust the required setting. Then tap on Submit/Save.
Deleting an Unavailability
To delete an existing unavailability, tap on the relevant entry and then the Delete Unavailability option:
If you haven’t already, you can download WorkZone immediately by clicking here: