In order to update your bank account details within the employee portal you simply need to enter 'Employee Details' (see here for help). Once in your details page, click 'Bank Accounts' to the left of screen.
The bank account details screen allows you to control how much of your pay goes into a bank account by specifying a percentage or fixed amount.
You have the option of adding bank accounts and/or BPAY accounts. You can add a BPAY account if you want a portion of your net earnings to pay off a bill.
When you click on the "Add" button, a dropdown list will appear with the choice of 'Bank Account' and 'BPAY':
Adding a Bank Account
Once you click on 'Bank Account', you will then be required to enter the following details:
- Name: Your first name and surname will pre-populate in this field. You can change this so that it matches the name of the bank account if you so wish.
- BSB: Enter your BSB details ensuring there are no spaces and only numeric characters. We conduct a BSB validation check once you have entered the value. If the BSB is incorrect, you will see a red line around the field, as per below screenshot. You will need to correct this before you can save the details.
- Account Number: Enter your account number here. A maximum of 9 digits should be entered here so ensure you're not including the BSB as part of the account number.
- Pay into this account: You have three options here - (a) a percentage of your pay, (b) a fixed dollar amount or (c) the entire amount. If only one bank account is to be set up, the value here must be "Entire balance".
- Then click "Save".
Adding a BPAY Account
Once you click on 'BPAY', you will then be required to enter the following details:
- Name: Enter the biller name here.
- Biller Code: Enter the biller code. There is no automatic verification here so be extremely careful that you are entering the correct value.
- Customer Reference Number: Enter your customer reference number (as provided to you by the biller). Take extreme caution to complete this correctly as this number is used to determine to the biller who the payment is coming from, ie you.
- Pay Into Account: Choose from apportioning the (a) entire balance, (b) a fixed dollar amount or (c) a percentage amount. If only one bank account is to be set up, the value here must be "Entire balance".
- Then click on 'Save'.
You are able to add multiple bank accounts and BPAY accounts simply by pressing the blue "Add" button on the top right hand side.
Deleting Bank Accounts
In order to delete bank account details, you simply click on 'Delete this bank account' if it is displayed in red. If it is in grey, it means it cannot be deleted. Common reasons for this is (a) it is the only bank account recorded for you and so another bank account will need to be added before it can be deleted or (b) the bank account is attached to a recurring deduction and so cannot be deleted until the deduction expires or is deleted. You will need to speak to your payroll administrator to have this changed.
Editing Bank Accounts
You may find that a bank account is greyed out and cannot be edited. This is because your payroll administrator has restricted this setting.
Otherwise, you can simply amend existing bank account details and then click on "Save".