Employees are able to submit timesheets via the self service portal provided they have been given access at the business level, and also at an employee level.
When logging into the employee self service portal there is a 'clock' icon showing on the dashboard, click on it to enter timesheets.
By default the timesheet will show on the week that is currently being processed. If you want to change the week you can skip ahead using the arrow buttons or you can click the date button and choose a different date.
You can also select either 'week ending' or 'fortnight ending' from the drop down box:
Entering your timesheet manually
We’ve designed the interface to be very keyboard-friendly for efficient data entry. For example, when entering start and end times you can simply type 9a and it will recognise it as 9:00am. Similarly, for example, 530p will be recognised as 5:30pm.
Your employer will specify what is required on the Timesheet but a few items to note:
- If work type is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default pay category for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
- If location is not specified, the hours recorded will be assigned to the default location for the employee when the timesheets are imported into a pay run.
- You'll be able to attach a document to timesheets if required
- You can enter hours worked, instead of start / end times on the timesheet by choosing this option from the Actions button NB. this will only be an option if your employer has allowed it in the Timesheet settings
- If you try to add a date that is before your start date, the system will show a warning on the timesheet line and will not allow data to be input for those dates.
Entering your standard hours
If you have been set up to use ‘standard hours’ to pre-populate your timesheet click on the ‘Actions’ button and choose ‘Add standard hours’.
Where you need to edit your standard hours, as mentioned previously, you can simply type 9a and it will recognise it as 9:00am. Similarly, 530p will be recognised as 5:30pm.
Be sure to click 'Save' after making any changes.
Applying your approved leave requests to your timesheet
If you have an approved leave request, click the approved leave request banner at the top and click the annual leave shift that you’re going to import as a timesheet.
The system will attempt to work out the start and finish times of the shift however you can change these:
Any leave shift however should reflect the hours that you would normally otherwise have worked. If you normally have a break, enter the break into the timesheet, and click ‘Save’.
Entering a timesheet from an approved rostered shift
If timesheets are available to be created from rostered shifts, a section titled 'Rostered Shifts' will be shown:
Click the 'Generate timesheets from the rostered shifts' link and you'll see the 'Generate Timesheets' dialog with a list of rostered shifts that are eligible to generate timesheets from.
- If the timesheet has a tick, a matching timesheet has already been found and generated.
- If there's a '!' icon, then no matching timesheet has been found.
Click the 'Generate' option to generate the timesheets from the rostered shifts:
The timesheets section will populate all the relevant fields based on the information in the rostered shift (you will see an error if there are any issue generating the timesheets).
Saving your timesheet
Once you’re happy with your timesheet click ‘Save’. An ‘S’ will appear next to your timesheets meaning your timesheet has been submitted. Where the timesheet line is a leave entry, an aeroplane icon will also show.
Your manager will receive a notification that your timesheet has been submitted and ready for their approval.